Monday, August 18, 2008

Wearing the Spider by Susan Schaab



I think this was the author’s first attempt, so for that, I have to say she did a very good job. BUT, there were some things I couldn’t overlook.

This book would’ve gotten an A+ rating from me, as I couldn’t put the book down! But, I didn’t like that, in a lot of instances, the characters’ actions were a tad unbelievable. And, there were times where the author would change who was speaking, but didn’t indicate the change with a new paragraph… so I got confused as to who was “speaking”. A couple of times I had to stop, go back a couple of pages, and figure out where the change had happened in order to make more sense of what I’d read.

Otherwise, though, the book kept me wondering. You kind of *know* whodunnit from the beginning, but the author did a good enough job of throwing suspicion on other characters to keep you guessing. And, the pace was pretty intense. ;o)

Here’s the blurb about the book (from the first part of the inside front-cover):
It starts with a simple, unwanted kiss and evolves into a labyrinthine traile of forgery & illusion, a hijacked identity, a corruption scandal involving a U.S. Senator accused of channeling illegal benefits to a shady South American firm, even kidnapping and murder.

I found this book here: http://www.habitualreader.com/index.html

I’d still recommend this, despite the flaws. They were minimal enough. ;o)

Rated: B+

No comments: