Monday, August 18, 2008

Truth and Fiction in the Da Vinci Code: A Historian Reveals What We Really Know About Jesus, Mary Magdalene, and Constantine by Bart D. Ehrman



I’ve been looking to read a book that will give me the truths that I knew were missing from Dan Brown’s "The Da Vinci Code". I was cautious, though, as a lot of books out there have been written to back up Mr. Brown’s claims.

Earlier, I read Bart D. Ehrman’s other book, “Lost Christianities”. I knew, from reading that book, that this author is a Historian and a Christian. So, upon finding this book, I was thrilled, as I knew I could trust this author to give me the *real* facts!

And, I wasn’t disappointed.

A lot of this book is a repetition of what Mr. Ehrman had written in “Lost Christianities”, but it is still very good. He debunks Mr. Brown’s false claims and gives you the history to back up what he’s saying.

Highly recommended.

Rated: B+

No comments: