Visit the website: http://www.thinwithin.org/
An amazing book! Much, much more than weight loss is included here… it’s a life transformation!
This book teaches you the principles of “hunger” and “fullness“, by giving you eight “keys to conscious eating” to put into practice:
1. Eat only when my body is hungry.
2. Reduce the number of distractions in order to eat in a calmenvironment.
3. Eat when sitting down.
4. Eat when my body and mind are relaxed.
5. Eat and drink the food and beverages my body enjoys.
6. Pay attention to my food while eating.
7. Eat slowly, savoring each bite.
8. Stop eating before my body is “full”.
I lost almost all of my excess weight by following these “keys”, and didn’t even have to exercise (though, I did add in exercise after I saw the plan working so well without it).
The Christian aspect of this book is very good, but can be a bit much for some. The focus is on turning to God to help you when you’re tempted to eat more than you need.
This book is laid out in a 30-day format… you read one “chapter” per day, for 30 days. Each chapter focuses on a different aspect of the program, and on God’s help in transorming the way you relate to food and eating.
I highly recommend this one!
NOTE: There is also a non-Christian version of this book/program, written by Judy before she married. See my review of that HERE.