Monday, August 18, 2008

Talk of the Town by Lisa Wingate



Lisa Wingate always writes good stories. So, as usual, I was drawn right into this book from the very first page.

From the back cover:
Her show, American Megastar, is TV’s hottest program, but life couldn’t be worse for associate producer Mandalay Florentino. She’s just arrived in the hayseed town of Daily, Texas, to arrange a surprise “reunion concert” for hometown finalist Amber Anderson — only everyone seems to know the secret already.
Plus, she keeps crossing paths with a gorgeous cowboy with blue eyes who may not be the country boy he appears to be.
And the paparazzi are swarming.
And her boss is demanding perfection…or else.
With the faith and future of a young singer on the line, Mandalay and the town of Daily must find the courage –and the creativity– to make sure the reunion concert is unforgettable!


I really enjoyed this story. Imagene Doll and Donetta were hilarious. In fact, parts of this book had me laughing so hard that I had tears in my eyes!

Overall, there was only one small “issue” I had with the book, and that was the part where Mandalay spurts some medical jargon about grieving to Imagene ~ it jerked me out of the story, and it sounded only like the author imputting her research into the book.

Otherwise, though, the story was great, and I got caught up in the drama happening in Daily, Texas. I was thoroughly engrossed in the story, and had a hard time putting the book down.

Highly recommended!

Rated: A-

No comments: