Saturday, January 9, 2010

REVIEW: The Silent Governess by Julie Klassen


I love a good Regency-set novel, and Julie Klassen delivers nicely! The cool part about her books, though, is that they are “clean” Regencies.

This one is about Miss Olivia Keene. She finds herself in some trouble at home, and is forced to flee. Her mother sends her off to try to find a position at St. Aldwyn’s school for girls. But, along the way, Olivia runs into even more trouble, and therefore ends up at Brightwell Court under the care of Lord Edward Bradley.

I loved this book! I couldn’t put it down right from the beginning. There were multiple things going on, and I didn’t figure out the mystery at all! I was completely surprised by the ending.

Recommended!

Rated: A-



((This book was received through LibraryThing.com’s Early Reviewers program))

No comments: