Friday, December 19, 2008

REVIEW: Regency Buck by Georgette Heyer


"REGENCY BUCK" by Georgette Heyer

Description (from Amazon.com):
An altogether unsatisfactory arrangement

After their father's death, Miss Judith Taverner and her brother Peregrine travel to London to meet their guardian, Lord Worth, expecting an elderly gentleman. To their surprise and utter disgust, their guardian is not much older than they are, doesn't want the office of guardian any more than they want him, and is determined to thwart all their interests and return them to the country.

With altogether too many complications

But when Miss Taverner and Peregrine begin to move in the highest social circles, Lord Worth cannot help but entangle himself with his adventuresome wards...


MY REVIEW:
At first I thought I wasn't going to like this book. First off, because I'm apparently biased -- Gaelen Foley has spoiled me with her excellently-written Regency romances, and it's hard to find anything that lives up to those. ;)

But, Ms. Heyer has a loyal following, so I made sure to give her book a fair chance. Sure enough, the story got better once it got going, and I ended up enjoying it.

I really found Ms.Taverner/Judith to be very 'prissy' in the beginning, and I didn't like her much. But, as the story progressed, the gal grew on me, and I ended up rooting for her.

Lord Worth was just the right amounts of annoying, and yet mysterious. ;)

Overall, this was a good book, and I would recommend it to others. I'm not sure if I'll try another book by this author, though. I have one in my collection, so we'll see.

Rated: B+

No comments: